Re: Proposal for LAT inclusion in GNOME 2.18

> Ter, 2006-09-12 às 14:26 -0400, Hubert Figuiere escreveu:

Why not? The language and needed dependencies, including runtime, is just an other
parameter of teh software. What'sw wrong with disliking Mono or Python or C++?

Sander

.sigless

Hello

I think some people forget the main goal of this thread: "should we
include LAT in GNOME for release 2.18 ?"
Before any language debate, we should focus on why LAT should or
shouldn't be included in GNOME. (specially because the language debate
for Mono is over, and I'm not a pro mono guy).

For me, I would say No, as don't see really a reason to include LAT in
GNOME, because administrating LDAP is not a common task. Even if we
consider the Administrator platform (pessulus, sabayon), these tools
are for administrating GNOME desktop, and not for general
administration.

Thanks for attention.

--
Baptiste Mille-Mathias
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés (merci vuntz)