Re: getting on a longer release cycled

An innocent bystander who I'm going to flame now wrote:
> I doubt we can do Topaz within the comfort of our tried and true 6 month
> cycle and we do need to decide what Topaz is going to be at some point.

But how can you say that we can't do Topaz in the 6 month cycle when you
admit that WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TOPAZ IS?

*That* is the reason no one is hacking on Topaz. Because there's no such
thing as Topaz! The Topaz wiki pages are just a dumping ground where
half-baked ideas with no one to implement them go to die.

If we want to "do Topaz", step one is to figure out what that means, and
that doesn't require writing a single line of code, so the release cycle
length is irrelevant.

-- Dan