Re: Celebrating the release of GNOME 2.16!

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 21:51 -0600, Brent Smith wrote:
> In the future, we should set a specific timeline for the release notes
> and a deadline for comments on a final draft, and a freeze for
> translation right before the release.

I second the request for a specific timeline in the future. I'd also
like to request that the GNOME documentation team be included in (or at
least informed about) the release note writing process from start to
finish. If I hadn't seen Quim's blog post on planet gnome and mentioned
it on the doc list, I doubt that very many of us GDP folks would have
found out that help was needed.

Congratulations to everybody on a great release, let's try to make sure
that the release notes aren't done at the last minute next time!

--
Ryan Paul <segphault sbcglobal net>