Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Ross Burton wrote:
On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 14:06 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
I do wonder why nobody has taken a fast database-backed RDF triple store
(from librdf), put a sparql-based frontend on it for queries (again from
librdf) and used re-used a lot of code from both Beagle and Tracker for
harvesting the metadata...
Its only an option if we can customise it to fit in with what we have.

tracker is both an indexer with full text search and a metadata DB and right now librdf looks only relevant for the metadata DB side of things.

In particular we can in tracker cross search both full text indexes and database indexes so we can quickly search for "get me all files that were modified in the last 7 days which have a keyword of Tracker and contains the word GNOME anywhere in it". Would this still be possible if I used librdf?

librdf would give you a W3C "semantic web" compatible metadata store.
Full-text indexing is separate but if you use the same URIs in the both
the metadata store and the full-text index, then I can't see a reason
why not.

okay I will investigate this weekend.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken