Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Jamie McCracken wrote:

I'm thinking of decent genre support, so multiple genre tags per song
(as supported in Ogg).  If a song has Song.Genre="Post Rock,Ambient" and
I search for "rock", will the substring search incorrectly match the
song?

Yes it will unfortunately - hopefully these corner cases wont be too common

I think if we standardise on a delimiter (say semicolon) then it should be possible for me to add a custom function to our rdf query implementation to search in the list of delimited values for precise values

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/