Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
Em Ter, 2006-10-24 �17:09 +0100, Jamie McCracken escreveu:
The only thing slowing down further integration is getting into gnome or being an accepeted dependency - hopefully a chicken and egg situation can be avoided here

Why don't you create a branch to work on Epiphany?

given the amount of work involved (at least a month I would say as it requires significant changes to the epiphany UI) I would need some guarantee that it won't be discarded because tracker is not an authorised dependency.

Right now I could spend the same amount of work making tracker more suitable for Rhythmbox which would exploit both its metadata interfaces and utilise its first class music object without any such worries.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/