Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Jamie McCracken">

This is a pretty airy-fairy description for a developer mailing list.
Your audience is not my Mum, it's the group of people architecting
GNOME. You did not include use cases in your description.
Use Cases:

Jamie, these are not use cases. Unfortunately, you've got this entirely
backwards: Your pitch should be to developers; your use cases should be
about what users need (often unspoken), and how Tracker satisfies those
needs -> these use cases may be from end users or developer users... But to
be effective, they must be described as *use cases*.

I'm asking for a very specific form of description because thus far, there
isn't a lot of knowledge or mindshare of Tracker, and your descriptions have
not made it easy for developers to understand your point of view, or what
Tracker brings to GNOME.

okay thanks for the clarification

I will come up with something tomorrow that hopefully addresses these.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/