Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Jamie McCracken">

(okay here goes -  now that I have looked up what an "elevator pitch" is!
I will try to be brief...)

This is a pretty airy-fairy description for a developer mailing list. Your
audience is not my Mum, it's the group of people architecting GNOME. You did
not include use cases in your description.

Use Cases:

1) Full desktop search system

2) Extensible metadata server including tags (metadata throughout the system)

3) Can be used as the basis for the implementation of the Topaz style object model as defined in :
http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/Model

4) Common database for music and photos so that these applications can store all their data here which is shareable and searchable by other apps

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/