Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 12:00 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:

> We suck it up and deal with it because search is important in
> a help browser.  But if we had the opportunity to get rid of
> the #ifdefs, I'd be all over it.

If you had a dependency on dbus, you could use dbus to detect whether a
search engine is running and then change the behavior of yelp
accordingly.  That might solve the #ifdef issues.  However, you will
have to write a different set of APIs in order to query the search
engine using dbus.

sri

--
Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>