Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com>
- To: "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:44:27 -0400
On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 13:25 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> Beagle has had a disclaimer like "yes, we know there are memory
> problems, we're working on fixing them" in release announcements since
> forever, i.e. over 2 years ago. If two years is not enough to solve
> memory problems, it doesn't bode well for its future.
I don't think is a fair or well-informed statement, and I don't think it
does the discussion any benefit.
FWIW, I have not yet proposed Beagle for inclusion into GNOME for a
number of reasons -- including the memory usage -- because I don't think
it's ready to be a supported and stable part of the platform. However,
applications can utilize it (like Nautilus, Yelp, and Deskbar) and have
been for some time.
] [Thread Prev