Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 13:25 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   Beagle has had a disclaimer like "yes, we know there are memory
> problems, we're working on fixing them" in release announcements since
> forever, i.e. over 2 years ago.  If two years is not enough to solve
> memory problems, it doesn't bode well for its future.

I don't think is a fair or well-informed statement, and I don't think it
does the discussion any benefit.

FWIW, I have not yet proposed Beagle for inclusion into GNOME for a
number of reasons -- including the memory usage -- because I don't think
it's ready to be a supported and stable part of the platform.  However,
applications can utilize it (like Nautilus, Yelp, and Deskbar) and have
been for some time.

Joe