Re: proposed architecture evolutions for GConf
- From: Glynn Foster <Glynn Foster Sun COM>
- To: Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>, gconf-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: proposed architecture evolutions for GConf
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:03:21 +1300
Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 12:02 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>> There are several ways to deal with a single-session, single-host
>> configuration engine. Real problems arise when the user can log in
>> several times on different machines, with a shared filesystem. With the
>> number of corporate users working over NFS, this is not something we can
> It is possible to write alternative GConf backends. I recall that Sun
> have written one that uses LDAP, its name starts with an A, but I can't
> recall what it is.
> Would this solve your problem?
Joerg's probably monitoring the list to be able to give more details on this.
] [Thread Prev