Re: proposed architecture evolutions for GConf

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't seen Olafur's question until today since I'm only subscribed to gconf-list.

Is apoc source code anywhere, it seems to be java program but
the project page seems to be an internal website at sun, and
I can't find the files anywhere.

APOC's open sourcing is still in progress, unfortunately, and I can't say for certain when it will be done. Architecture wise, there's a Java agent which is responsible for making the central data available on a given desktop machine and keeping it up to date, plus a number of application adapters to inject said data into the various supported configuration systems. In the case of GConf, this is done through an extra backend written in C.

With java going opensource, it could be a great addition to
the admin section in gnome 2.10, but first it needs some
exposure outside of opensolaris.

Well, first it actually needs to be in OpenSolaris ;-) but we're working on it.

Cyrille