Re: Crash reports from GNOME bindings

On 6/18/06, Gustavo Carneiro <gjc inescporto pt> wrote:
  This sounds like a very good idea.   But could you give more details?
What does the --include option accept?  A string, file name, ...?  I
rather pass information through a pipe, really, anything else is bound
to reach either a cmdline length limit, or force you to create a
temporary file (if done wrong we'll be seeing those security fixes due
to bad tmpfile handling in a few months).

--include points to a filename including the trace. You have also a
--kill <pid> command (not working yet) to get your application killed
by bug-buddy after the bug report.

I guess that getting a trace in python on mono is not as expensive as
the gdb thing, so there would not be a big delay after the crash and
the bug-buddy interface coming up. But if we have a big delay we could
use instead a named pipe to feed the trace over it, so the bindings
can call bug-buddy inmidiately and then getting/feeding the trace
while bug-buddy shows the progress bar.

Salu2