Re: Buildability of tarballs and cvs
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- Cc: Gnome Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Buildability of tarballs and cvs
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:14:03 +0200
<quote who="Elijah Newren">
> We have felt forced to include a growing number of build-fix patches with
> each 2.15.x release so far, which seems rather suboptimal ("why can't we
> just fix the modules??").
... 8< ...
> Luis also wanted me to say:
> I'd note that I think the r-t's position should be to refuse to
> release such tarballs, and consider refusing to release the whole
> release until they are all fixed.
Yes - shipping build fix patches is a *massive* regression in the release
management process, cf. signature.
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain http://2006.guadec.org/
"Basically my philosophy on release management is that it should be
like police brutality." - Maciej Stachowiak
] [Thread Prev