Man Page Preferred Format ?

Hi,

What is the preferred man page format perceived within the GNOME community ?

Currently nroff is what is used for the few that are in existence, is this something that people see as sufficient ?, would DocBook / SGML or something else be a better solution ?

As we are in the process of updating/writing some man pages at the moment we really would like to contribute what is done back to the community, so knowing what the preferred format is a
necessity.

Cheers

Matt