Re: Man Page Preferred Format ?

On 6/7/06, Matt Keenan <Matt Keenan sun com> wrote:
Hi,

What is the preferred man page format perceived within the GNOME community ?

Currently nroff is what is used for the few that are in existence, is
this something that people
see as sufficient ?, would DocBook / SGML  or something else be a better
solution ?

As we are in the process of updating/writing some man pages at the
moment we really would like
to contribute what is done back to the community, so knowing what the
preferred format is a
necessity.

The few man pages that are shipped with the glib and gtk api docs are
in docbook now, which has the advantage that we can easily include them
in the api docs, too.

Matthias