Re: Baobab

På Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:01:46PM +0100, Emmanuele Bassi skrev:
> Hi Jeff;
> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 02:44 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Emmanuele Bassi">
> > > They are trying to see how their files are big, and where their disk space
> > > went, especially when a notification popup tells them that they have 88%
> > > of their disk full.
> > Surely their goal is closer to "make more room on my disk for stuff I care
> > about" rather than "see how their files are big and where their disk space
> > went". :-)
> I concede that one of the reasons behind looking "where the fuck my
> space went" is "I was ripping The Lord of the Rings extended edition
> DVDs and I ran out of space".
>
> But another reason is that tiny little notification icon that says
> "dude, you have nearly no space left on the device", which by the way
> would be cool if had a link saying "run the disk usage tool to see if
> the porn folder is out of control".

Note that the new computer panel menu used by Novell in the Suse Linux
Desktop shows diskspace usage in the lower right corner (see [1] for a
screenshot). Right now it links to gnome-system-monitor (third tab). Would
be nice to have that view integrated with baobab.

  mvrgr, Wouter

[1] http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2006/07/alternative-main-menu
--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i know secrets :: i've never been told                       -- heather nova