Re: Tomboy in Desktop

David Nielsen wrote:
man, 24 07 2006 kl. 12:51 +0100, skrev Calum Benson:
On 22 Jul 2006, at 12:50, David Nielsen wrote:

Sticky Notes tends to get cluttered up for note taking while project
managing, it's an all or nothing interface whereas Tomboy allows me to
show only related notes. I normally prefer having only the set of
post-it notes I care about displayed rather than having my screen
covered in yellow goodness.
This seems to be about the most frequent gripe with the Sticky Notes applet, to be honest... perhaps we should re-start this thread with "assuming we're going to fix sticky notes to let you show/hide notes individually or in groups, do we want Tomboy in the desktop"? :)

Yes, the wiki-like interlinking between notes, spell checking,
searching, drag and drop support for referencing mail and other nice
features in Tomboy makes it a superior product.

I dont doubt that but FWIW when it comes to adding Tracker to gnome 2.18, I would like notes to be added as a first class object and stored in Tracker's DB. Tracker already makes it easy to add tagging, extensible metadata and linking to other objects so adding such support to sticky notes (and Tomboy too if maintainer allows) is one way of improving things in that regard. Im not commiting myself to fixing all your gripes in sticky notes just giving it a bit of tracker power that will hopefully make them more manageable and powerful.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/