Re: Tomboy in Desktop

S� 2006-07-22 �00:10 +0200, David Nielsen escreveu:
> l�2 07 2006 kl. 02:33 +1000, skrev Jeff Waugh:
> > <quote who="Jeff Waugh">
> >
> > >  * Should we include Tomboy in the Desktop suite? (completely
> > >    independently from the fact that it uses Gtk#/Mono)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's my point of view, completely independent from the fact that Tomboy is
> > built with Gtk#/Mono. Here it is in point form, because I seem to be doing
> > pretty well with it:
> >
> >  * Without a doubt, Tomboy is pure awesome.
>
> No argument from me, Tomboy is nothing short of life changing.. praise
> Alex!

  I disagree.  Tomboy is nice, but it tries to do too much.

  Tomboy looks like a hybrid (or should I say mutant) wiki page system
and mind mapping software.  Well, for a Wiki system I'd rather use a
real web based one (I hate writing wikis in these tiny windows).  For
mind mapping, I'd rather use a real mind mapping software; alas, we
don't have a good gtk2 mind mapper, but freemind is pretty good.  For
simply taking notes, sticky notes is more than enough.

  Sticky notes applet is awesome in its simplicity; let's not remove it,
please.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic