Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails

Andy Wingo wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 16:11 +0100, Ghee Teo Sun COM wrote:
  parallel-instabllable is the worst idea of software development.

See http://ometer.com/parallel.html for the reasons why GNOME does it
this way.

  Thanks! Look like my original wording was oversweeping. Apology :)

  Sun does deliver multi-version of Motif Dtterm etc in CDE when Sun
  adopted Motif 2.1 from Motif 1.2.
  It was under the similar scenarios that GTK+. Did have lots of grief
  initially because of duplication of symbols etc especially when
 applications links with libxxx.so instead of the explicit version.

  Sun still have to supprt and deliver Motif 1.2 library for as long as
Solaris is running. Just that is the situations we are committed ourselves
  in for different versioning of the same libraries.

-Ghee

Regards,