Bug buddy maintainer? (Was Re: bug-buddy support)

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On 7/21/06, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 12:35 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
I noticed that bug-buddy refuses to file bugs against a number of core
desktop applications (I just found yelp and evince). I think we should
make an effort to ensure that all core desktop apps have the necessary
information in their .desktop files by 2.16.
I just noticed this as well. See bug #347679.

Pardon my ignorance as I have just become the maintainer but, when did
this change and what needs to be done?

See, this is something that I would have expected the bug-buddy maintainers
to announce to desktop-announce-list when they made these changes...

When I was hacking on bug-buddy a few months ago, I noticed that it uses
the gmenu API to find and add applications for which it reports bugs.
Unfortunately, this causes problems for programs which are not included
in the menus (like evince and yelp).  I don't know if this is how
bug-buddy worked with 2.14.0 or what, but I agree this is a rather large
problem.  One solution is to include our own bug-buddy.menu file without
any filters, but this doesn't solve the issue for applications with
NoDisplay=true in the .desktop file as I don't believe the gmenu API
returns these applications.

Bug-buddy is pretty much maintainerless from what I can tell - Fer is
not very active, and I have my hands full with Yelp.  Is there someone
out there that would be interested in taking bug-buddy by both reins?

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>
IRC: smitten / #docs / irc.gnome.org