Re: Mac shipments up 12% [Was: focus!]

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 13:53 +0100, Alex Jones wrote:

> We need to change the way people use their computers

This is why I'm a fan of MacSlow and his lowfat experiments.

I hope he's inspiring not only me to start doing equally cool exper-
iments. And not just nice-looking OpenGL stuff. Also experiments that do
other things in a completely non-conventional way.

For me, his stuff is just not about "candy" or "cute looks".

His experimenting is extremely important: I know most experiments end up
not being used. But a very tiny fraction of the experiments will define
the future. Each experiment will contribute to the lessons we will
learn. They will ignite new ideas.

Let us, the community of free software people, play a role in defining
that future.

It's both a challenge and my invitation for the young guys that are now,
today, reading this mailing list and planning to some day do cool things
with our free softwares.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be