Re: Mono/GTK#/Tomboy

Hi Miguel,

> Today the issue of resource usage is brought up as if it were the end of
> the world, back in the day, Jonathan made the following comment:

To me it's not the resource usage of any such language as such on its
own. I'm living under the delusion (for the sake of argument) that a
python app and a mono app are comparable in their resource usage.

> I do not think there should be only "one way" of building applications
> for Gnome.  We would not have the official language bindings release if
> we thought that only C code was worth having.

I think any language is fine for writing a Gnome app.  The issue is more
about what is officially put in a Gnome desktop release as such - how
many managed languages with their own runtime do we want as part of a
default Gnome desktop ?

Thomas