Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion

On 7/14/06, Darren Kenny <Darren Kenny sun com> wrote:

Mono and Python etc are all very good in their own way, but I really don't see
why they need to be part of the core GNOME desktop - this was why I wanted to
break down the GNOME desktop into various groupings - so ISVs, etc. can make
their own mind up about what they wish to depend upon.

They already can.
Don't like mono...don't ship mono applications.
None of the libraries will depend or use mono.

This is not about choice.