Re: Performance (was Re: control-center 2.13.90 released)

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 15:31 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:

> It'd be interesting if you could try changing your theme (I assume you
> are using Clearlooks) to Glider and seeing what difference that makes.
> The Glider theme uses the Smooth engine, which is not currently using
> cairo. Clearlooks on the other hand, is now using cairo almost
> exclusively. If there is a significant difference in speed then we may
> need to look at holding back cairo enabled gtk-engines in GNOME, at
> least until significant speed improvements are made to cairo.
>
> -Thomas

I switched back from Clearlooks cairo version to the Mist theme:
everything is nice and fast now. With cairo-clearlooks, clicking a
cleared number in gnome-mines, I could follow the bombsquad clearing the
field of known not-mine squares. With Mist, these fields get uncovered
instantly.