Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 09:16 -0500, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> James Henstridge wrote:
> > If this is the case, has anyone pinged Carl Worth about the slowdown, to
> > see if it can be fixed? (either on our end by doing the rendering in a
> > more efficient way, or by adding fast paths to Cairo for the particular
> > calls).
>
> I wonder if it would make sense to implement the same technique as eog
> uses, with a first rough-pass for a very fast application, and a better
> pass when it becomes available?

That's only necessary when we can't make it fast enough to begin
with! :-)

I think the first step is for someone to simply spend a little time
figuring out what is slow:

 - Gradients
 - Scaled images
 - Solid color backgrounds?

If we are scaling images *via Cairo* that is known to be slow with
older X servers; if investigation proves that actually is the problem,
it can be worked around.

Regards,
						Owen