Re: Special folders in gnome

fre, 13 01 2006 kl. 15:00 +0100, skrev Stanislav Brabec:
> Frederic Crozat wrote:
>
> > > The shell is strange, and always will be, whatever we do.
> >
> > Problem is not really shell by itself (well, it can be for support /
> > admin people) but shell scripts..
>
> > Well, we no longer translate Desktop anymore in the latest version of
> > GTK File selector.
>
> What about a compromise - translate GTK+/Nautilus bookmarks, something
> like places:// but not folder names in /home/user. We do it for Desktop
> already, and it seems that nobody complains about it.

People may not complain, but that may be because it seemed like that
discussion was over and done with the last time around. In my opinion
the difference between Desktop and Skrivebord (Danish translation) is
very very confusing.

Yes, I use the shell extensively. However, I don't think that should be
an excuse for either ignoring my use cases or getting away with saying I
am advanced enough that I can handle the confusion.

Anyway, just because people don't complain loudly, they may not be all
that happy.

/Jens