Re: Special folders in gnome

Frederic Crozat wrote:

> > The shell is strange, and always will be, whatever we do.
>
> Problem is not really shell by itself (well, it can be for support /
> admin people) but shell scripts..

> Well, we no longer translate Desktop anymore in the latest version of
> GTK File selector.

What about a compromise - translate GTK+/Nautilus bookmarks, something
like places:// but not folder names in /home/user. We do it for Desktop
already, and it seems that nobody complains about it.

To make it understandable, file selector and Nautilus should show
special icon and a tooltip _("Special directory: Desktop"), _("Special
directory: Pictures").

We can even add a configuration option to make special directories
hidden in /home/user and visible only in places:// and bookmarks.
This is nothing new, we had a hidden Desktop in GNOME 2.2 or so -
~/.gnome-desktop.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/