Re: My Folders [Re: Special folders in gnome]

<quote who="Alan Horkan">

> Microsoft have finally [1] said they will drop the patronising "my"
> prefix.  I hope you were using it only for example.
>
> I'd much prefer if we could have
> ~/Documents/
>     /Templates/
>     /Pictures/
>     /Videos/

They're also dropping the way they have everything rooted on "My Documents",
so Vista will actually look much more like how we set up GNOME *now*. ie...

  /home/jdub/
    Documents/
    Photos/
    Music/

... and so on. I suggest we stick with this layout, and push it towards a
default policy.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    You know a French woman is faking it when she screams, "I would like
                     the table near the window please!"