Trying to reach consensus on g-p-e

Hi guys,
	since Gustavo (g-p-e maintainer) is willing to split g-p-e in two
parts:
1. modules wrapping gnome desktop libraries (let me call it
gnome-python-desktop),
2. modules wrapping other libraries,

can we reach consensus on allowing desktop applications to depend on
what I called gnome-python-desktop and so on including
gnome-python-desktop itself in desktop modules set?

This is importart for several reasons:
- we will be able to include python-based applets in desktop,
- we will be able to add python-based plugins to desktop applications
(e.g. gedit),
- in general, we will be able to write new python applications that can
use desktop libraries such as gtksourceview, gnomeprint, gnomeprint.ui,
etc.

gnome-python-desktop will follow the same rules of the other desktop
libraries, i.e. API/ABI backward compatibility is desirable, but not
strictly required. We don't recommend desktop libraries for usage by
ISPs.

If needed, I think we could further reduce the set of bindings to
include in gnome-python-desktop to the ones actually used by desktop
applications:
- gnome-applet (if a python-based applet will be included in desktop)
- gnomeprint, gnomeprint.ui, gtksourceview (conditionally required for
gedit python plugins)

I don't know if other bindings are required by other desktop
applications.

Obviously, I, as gedit and gtksourceview maintainer, vote for the
inclusion of gnome-python-desktop in desktop modules set :)

Ciao,
Paolo