System Monitor Graph Style Suggestions

Taking a quick look at the Gnome System Monitor today, it occurred to me that the graphs have a distinct EGA-graphics-circa-1986 visual feel to them. These graphs are ripe for some Tufte-fication [1].

Here's a quick mockup of the dialog with some suggested color (and only color) changes:

http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/gnome/system-monitor-mockup.png

In the hopes of keeping potential implementation simple, I have only changed is the background color, grid color, and changed the default user-configurable colors to some I picked quickly from the HIG [2]. Of course, smoother lines would be nice too...

Apologies if this isn't the appropriate list. I'd be glad to work with the current system-monitor maintainer if there is any interest in implementing these changes.

Thanks,
Steven Garrity

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Tufte
[2] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/design.html#design-color