Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

Hey,

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 16:10 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On 2/6/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
>
> > Was there a reason to do that instead of using Glynn's patch from bug
> > 327335 to revert this specific change?
>
> 1) I was not aware of that bug and patch
> 2) We also want the icons back

So what's the situation of this - are the various patches going to be
reverted? It seems like there's a *strong* disagreement for these
changes by many people in this thread that these changes.

It seems to me that from a corporate point of view, there's 2 vendors,
Red Hat and Sun, have already reverted these changes and shipping a
different version of the capplet. Aside from the 'design by committee'
set of blog posts that I haven't had a chance to catch up on, anyone
willing to give a summary of where things stand?

I notice that these changes landed *after* 2.13.5 - that's well late in
the cycle, no? It feels like we should at least revert now, find some
status quo and then get some good discussion for making those changes in
the 2.16 timeframe.

thoughts?

Glynn