Re: Design by Community

Hi,

>   I know some very wise people have decided, apparently without much
> discussion with the community, that GNOME would switch to Subversion.
> But I keep thinking that, although Subversion is much better than CVS,
> maybe we would benefit more from a distributed version control system,
> like mercurial, bzr, git, monotone, etc.

One of the drawbacks of these distributed version control systems is
precisely the fact that it makes it very easy to keep private "branches"
around.

All things equal, it would work against the goal of trying to make sure
development happens in public.

That's probably a very good reason why subversion may be the best choice
for GNOME at this point.

Thomas

nobody's interested
in something you didn't do