Re: gnome-screensaver

tir, 07,.02.2006 kl. 12.10 +0800, skrev Davyd Madeley:
> I see that both Ubuntu Dapper and Fedora Core 5 test 2 are shipping
> with gnome-screensaver now.
>
> Having now used both of them, does it seem slow for anyone else? It
> seems that something has gone astray once or twice and forced me to
> have to change vt and kill the process to get my session back.

I've seen the lock screen dialog taking 20-30 seconds to give me a
username entry and ended up disabling locking.

> I didn't manage to get anything useful debugging-wise from it, does
> anyone know the story here?
>
> If we have a screensaver that you can't get away from, we should
> consider not including this module during this release cycle.

I think there were some problems with fontconfig recently that caused
slowness in many apps, could this be one of them maybe?

AFAIK it has been fixed in the latest updates.

Cheers
Kjartan