Re: GNOME git repositories?

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 20:33 -0500, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> In fact, now, a lot of people from the windows world can just  use a
> simple tool like TortoiseSVN or Subclipse (SVN for eclipse) to create
> patches or download the trunk versions without using the commandline.

Right.  But how many of our developers do their work on Windows (and how
many of them without cygwin)?  Translators are different.  But we can
come up with alternate means of submitting translations rather easily.

>  git for example don't even has an usable version on the windows
> commandline (the cygwin version is really slow).

I really doubt that it can be slower than CVS.

Not that I'm arguing against the SVN transition.  Just pointing out that
we don't have to care about all platforms on earth.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759