Re: Don't mess with our brand [Was: 'GNOME', 'Gnome']

<quote who="Steve Frécinaux">

> You missed the point. As someone said previously, IBM is 3 letters long.
> GNOME/Gnome is 5. But beside the case thing, is the acronym really still
> relevant ?

Not wildly - but our current use of the brand is *very* relevant, and it
keeps at least some of the association with garden gnomes out of the way.

We would have to actively change the brand for 'Gnome' to be correct, so I
find it very disappointing that some people within the project are actively
muddying the waters on this issue. (Not Alan - he's just being noisy.)

- Jeff

--
LinuxWorldExpo: Johannesburg, South Africa  http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.za/

     "So between a jazz musician, a murderer, and a congressperson, all
    called 'Dave Camp', I have a lot of pressure to be evil." - GNOME's
                                 Dave Camp