Re: Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:21 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Oh, it's a freedesktop project.

This isn't a dig on tracker, but I don't really agree with the
implication of this statement.  Putting something up on freedesktop.org
doesn't automatically bless it in some utopian cross desktop way.

At this point, Beagle has as many KDE frontends as GNOME ones, and it
indexes KMail mail, Konqueror History, Akregator RSS feeds, and Kopete
instant messenger logs.  Making Beagle as cross-desktop friendly as
possible has always been a priority for us.  I've tried to be very
pragmatic about it: let's get Beagle usable by as many people as
possible.

Joe