GNOME Power Manager

24th April is the end of new modules proposal period.

Are there any unaddressed concerns or questions regarding
gnome-power-manager that people want to ask?

The query with the notifications has been resolved I believe, as
notifications have are limited to:

* Battery fully charged
* Low power
* Critical low power
* Power so low I'm about to do ${action}
* If there was a problem suspending (i.e. "computer says no")

Each of these can be turned off using gconf editor (or sabayon for
profiles) as required.

The other concern was the use of the notification editor, and I believe
most points were understood but I'll provide a summary:

If gnome 2.x (or 3.x, whatever) provides an API for an icon to show/hide
itself and control the number of instances (i.e. like we can do now with
the notification tray, launch a random program and it appears in the bar
at the users positional preference) then I'll switch to that.
The only reason is g-p-m isn't an applet is that the applet
infrastructure does not do what g-p-m requires. I believe Davyd was
working on a new design for applets and program icons in the bar, but I
don't think it's anything other than a plan at the moment.

The other issue is the duplication of functionality with
battstat-applet. This I cannot comment on, although I obviously don't
see the point in two icons to do essentially the same task.
The applet does have the feature of displaying text (time remaining,
percentage etc), something that some users have grown attached to.

Do to sum up, I really think including g-p-m would be a good idea, as
it's required to start to integrate other stuff like nautilus and
gnome-screensaver fully, providing a kick-arse integrated desktop.

Richard.