Re: Tomboy in 2.16

What I had in mind when I mentioned 'integration' was not :

        making e-d-s the 'only' backend for Tomboy. I do not see any
        point making Tomboy to use e-d-s a requirement for inclusion in
        GNOME either.

What I did have in mind was :

         Ability for Tomboy and EDS to share information - each acting
        as an *additional* source for the other. I am a heavy user of
        both Tomboy and the Memos - I _do_ not want every single Tomboy
        note inside my Memos or under e-d-s.

But if the two work together - they do open a lot of interesting
possibilities.  Just to name a few...

      * Ideas-capture is best done by Tomboy for me - but while
        operating out of my calendar/todo list - I always prefer to park
        a bunch of notes relevant to a given task/appointment inside my
        e-d-s information space.
          I would like to able to associate a live reference to the
        notes rather than a stale snapshot of the notes. I want to read
        them inside my memos, associate them with my projects and
        schedule but retain the flexibility of entry/modification via
        Tomboy).

      *  I have the habit of tracking open-loops with individuals my
        devoting a Tomboy note for each of them and I look it up
        whenever I am mailing the person. I would certainly love if a
        hover on the contact in evolution can bring up my Notes
        associated with that person.

Harish