Re: policy request: 'make uninstall' should work

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 13:19 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 20:03 +0200, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 14:17 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> > > A policy request:
> > >
> > >         It would be a good thing if all applications available from
> > >         f.g.o were required to support 'make uninstall'
> > >
> > > Most applications found on f.g.o do support 'make uninstall'.  There are
> > > some that do not.
> > >

> > > Thoughts???
> >
> > Another thing that should work:
> >
> > ./configure --disable-scrollkeeper should _REALLY_ mean don't run
> > scrollkeeper-update, not just pretend to disable it and run it anyways
> > because not all gtk-doc statements were wrecked out of the makefiles.
> > The current state with gnome 2.14 is that we run sed over all
> > Makefile.in files to wreck out the scrollkeeper-update statements, after
> > we run ./configure with --disable-scrollkeeper.
>
> --disable-scrollkeeper is a gnome-doc-utils feature, and should
> work for any module using gnome-doc-utils.  If it's failing to
> work in some situations with gnome-doc-utils, please file a bug.

The point with these modules is that they're converted from gtk-doc to
gnome-doc-utils. Some modules didn't get rid of the gtk-doc things in
the makefiles, so now a packager has to disable two things to avoid a
scrollkeeper DB in $DESTDIR. I'll report bugs when I find one.