Re: policy request: 'make uninstall' should work

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 14:17 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> A policy request:
>
>         It would be a good thing if all applications available from
>         f.g.o were required to support 'make uninstall'
>
> Most applications found on f.g.o do support 'make uninstall'.  There are
> some that do not.
>

> Thoughts???

Another thing that should work:

./configure --disable-scrollkeeper should _REALLY_ mean don't run
scrollkeeper-update, not just pretend to disable it and run it anyways
because not all gtk-doc statements were wrecked out of the makefiles.
The current state with gnome 2.14 is that we run sed over all
Makefile.in files to wreck out the scrollkeeper-update statements, after
we run ./configure with --disable-scrollkeeper.