Re: policy request: 'make uninstall' should work

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 13:06 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. writes:
> > Thank you, Andrew. I will file the appropriate bug reports.
> >
> > As a maintainer of the GARNOME project, I find 'make uninstall' to be a
> > necessary feature when exercising updates. Installing a later version of
> > an application on top of an earlier installed version is just asking for
> > trouble.
>
> As a package maintainer, I would like to see stronger requirement: All
> releases of packages with Automake based build system should be verified
> with Automake's target "make distcheck". It verifies much more things.

The 'make distcheck' target is already listed on the wiki:

  http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner/Releasing

If a package does not pass the distcheck phase it's a packaging bug, and
the maintainer(s) should be notified about it.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>