Re: policy request: 'make uninstall' should work
- From: Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>
- To: "Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D." <joseph_sacco comcast net>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: policy request: 'make uninstall' should work
- Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:34:24 +0100
Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
Is that a polite way of saying that it is a policy that 'make uninstall'
should work in order for an app to be hosted by f.g.o?
That sort of policy would be fairly unenforcable. The point of
ftp.gnome.org is to distribute components of the GNOME suite - although
we do try to enforce quality assurance on applications that are part of
GNOME, it's not done by blanket conditions that prevent a tarball upload
if they're not met.
If an application does not support "make uninstall" it's a bug. Just
like if it crashes on Ubuntu systems, or doesn't translate it's custom
text to different languages. The difference is that it gets tested less
often and by fewer people.
So if you see an application doing this, file a bug - and the maintainer
will probably try to fix it.
] [Thread Prev