Re: cdda:// URIs and the default handler
- From: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, gnome-vfs-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: cdda:// URIs and the default handler
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:42:24 -0600
On 9/22/05, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 19:36 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 09:38 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > I'm not sure where we should ship the script (or perhaps a c-based
> > > version of it) though. In gnome-vfs? If its in gnome-volume-manager then
> > > people with g-v-m not installed will get the bizarre cdda:// error
> > > message, which is pretty bad. If we want the script to have e.g. warning
> > > dialogs then it needs to link to gtk+ though, which isn't very nice for
> > > gnome-vfs. Maybe libgnomeui?
> > I'd rather not scatter this particular piece any more - having two
> > barely-matching pieces in gnome-vfs and g-v-m is bad enough.
> > Do we care about people who run gnome-vfs but don't run g-v-m?
> Is g-v-m part of the desktop these days?
Yes, it is part of the desktop since Gnome 2.7.
] [Thread Prev