Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl

Dude,

GServiceBrowser is a client-side wrapper only, right? It does not cover the service registration or advertising half of mDNS. It will not help me in implementing shared notes in Tomboy, which has been blocking only on waiting for Gnome/distros to decide on the mDNS stack to use.

We still need to "decide" on which mDNS implementation we are going to use. Or else start hauling ass in implementing and testing a full abstraction layer, learning where the abstraction leaks, massaging it, iterating a few times, etc etc...

-Alex