Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl
- From: Alex Graveley <alex beatniksoftware com>
- To: Callum McKenzie <callum physics otago ac nz>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:07:44 -0700
Does anyone have any sort of convincing argument as to why an API
abstraction in this case is *needed*?
("I like abstractions" is not an argument.)
Callum McKenzie wrote:
As a data point in this argument: gnome-games (CVS) can use either howl
or bonjour and I plan to add avahi support soon.
Naturally I support the abstraction idea.
desktop-devel-list mailing list
desktop-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev