Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl

Callum,

Regarding #1, avoiding a implementation switch in your code. This is a side-effect of the implied neccessity of #2.

Regarding #2, swapping out implementations. This is the only concrete reason you give for needing an abstraction, and the only reason you give for needing it is Gnome-on-OSX.

Regarding #3, better integration with Glib/GObject. Avahi uses a similar library split to DBus to support this. It isn't a problem.

Please, please tell me Gnome-on-OSX is not the only reason we are so scared to commit to Avahi.

-Alex