Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl

On Fri, 16.09.05 09:29, Alex Graveley (alex beatniksoftware com) wrote:

> Dude,
>
> GServiceBrowser is a client-side wrapper only, right?  It does not cover
> the service registration or advertising half of mDNS.  It will not help
> me in implementing shared notes in Tomboy, which has been blocking only
> on waiting for Gnome/distros to decide on the mDNS stack to use.

Tomboy is written with Mono, right?

A little PR:

Avahi provides first-class Mono support now. No need to wait for the
emergence of a Gnome DNS-SD abstraction or even for a C# binding for
that.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/