Re: gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 18:18 +0200, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> > I'd guess at least 90% of what I type into any text fields in GNOME (if
> > you discount composing mail, and I already have spell-checking for that
> > anyway) are names, addresses, filenames and directory paths, for which a
> > spellchecker is zippo use anyway :)
>
> It would be much worse than zippo. The spell-checker would underline
> every other word making it impossible to read what you type because
> the names and addresses aren't in English that would for some reason
> be the default language.

I'd always assumed that part of the "merge gtkspell or something" action
would be adding a "spellcheck" property to GtkEntry and GtkTextView.  If
this defaults to FALSE then there is no confusing behaviour, but
applications can set it to TRUE on any fields where it is suitable.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./