Re: Keyboard usage on some Gnome windows not working

Speaking of Emacs, one of my favorite features has always been when executing an M-x command that the minibar flashes the shortcut sequence you _could_ have used for the same task.

I find that I learn the commands I use most often[1] this way. If I know the command it's because I've seen it flashed in concordance with actually performing that action 15 times or so.

I would love to play with a system that only revealed accelerators somehow after I used individual commands a few times[2]. HIG-defined accelerators could be shown all the time, since they should be common across apps.

The idea being that less visual clutter, and a smaller set of well-known and trusted keyboard commands would be more friendly and cause less dithering.

-Alex

[1] Which is an ever changing set.

[2] For instance maybe revealing them slowly using an alpha blend of the menu item accelerator label which becomes less transparent the more I click on the menu item. Or using notify bubbles.